Soundfly is currently looking for an enthusiastic, creative videographer and/or video editor to join our Brooklyn, NY-based team, helping us craft the most interesting and engaging online music lessons on the web.
We create kick-ass resources for musicians — tutorials, interviews, challenges and other videos that either instruct or challenge musicians to get better. We’re looking for support in crafting these videos in new, creative ways that instruct, inform and inspire.
We currently have opportunities available for part-time work, freelance support, or even potentially full-time involvement. If you’re interested, get in touch with us at [email protected] and let’s chat. Please send a reel or portfolio and a little information about yourself and what you’d bring to our team in your email.
Specific requirements include:
- Extensive experience working with Adobe Premiere
- Experience with Adobe After Effects & Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work independently and without much oversight
- Demonstrable ability to tell compelling stories through video
- Ability to edit quickly and to a deadline
- Love of music, deeply ingrained
- Some musical knowledge strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of cameras, lighting, and shot structure
- Curiosity, creativity, and a love of learning
Your role may include:
- Coming up with ideas for how to visually communicate certain musical concepts and stories
- Working with the team to develop those ideas and prepare them for shooting
- Shooting those ideas when necessary
- Putting together string-ups of video content in Premiere
- Editing string-ups into tight, short, fast-paced and interesting videos
- Using After Effects to illustrate concepts in new and interesting ways
- Assisting on other production projects when needed, including voice-over recording, interviews, or performance documentation
Soundfly is a new online learning hub for musicians. We’re a small, tight-knit team in Gowanus, Brooklyn, that works quickly and offers considerable ownership and freedom over projects. We’re currently working with Grammy-winning musicians, world-renowned institutions like Carnegie Hall, and incredible artists from all walks of life.