Start 2021 off with momentum…
It’s not just the start of another year, it’s the end to a particularly exhausting one. Whatever you’re planning to accomplish this year, one thing is for certain: It’s going to take a running start and a head of steam.
So how can you build momentum and sustain a passionate drive towards achieving your next big project? Our advice is to start small and focus on only the next rung in the ladder.
- If your goal is fully finish one song — take January to focus on one element, like the lyrics or verse chord progression;
- If you’re looking to write more complex, jazzier harmonies — start by revisiting the various scale modes;
- If you want to start writing sync music for films or TV — take an old track and restylize it to fit 3 different scene moods.
It all starts with that first, crucial step. And we can help.
Our team of Soundfly Mentors can help you develop your strengths, isolate your weak points, and lay down a path to your next musical milestone, in just a matter of weeks. Check out some available coaches below, and click on a session topic that fits your goals for 2021. Learn more about custom mentorship here.
(*Scroll down to learn how you can take $125 off the price of your session.)
Keturah Brown is a Memphis-based songwriter, producer, and marketer with an MA in music marketing from Berklee College of Music. She has studied with fantastic mentors like Imogen Heap, and she loves helping songwriters create audience development campaigns and write true and honest music. Work with Keturah on:
- Building an audience using social media marketing tools
- Writing emotive lyrics that tell your story
- Self-producing your own bedroom pop
Andrea De Carlo is an award-winning engineer, producer, and musician based in Turin, Italy. He’s worked at some of the world’s best studios in London, Milan, and beyond, and has an MA in audio production from the SAE Institute. Andrea works in Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and Garageband. Work with Andrea on:
- Mixing and mastering like a pro
- Building your skills in various DAWs
- Using live and pre-recorded electronics in Ableton
Ilichna Morasky is a Chilean-born, Montréal and Copenhagen-based designer, illustrator, and musician. She’s run her own design company for five years working with clients like Feist, The National, and brands like Eve’s Crackers. Work with Ilichna on:
- Graphic design basics for musicians
- Using Adobe programs: Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
- Editing band photos and images
Charlotte Yates is a New Zealand-based indie songwriter who has released seven solo albums, produced multiple compilations, and toured extensively. And she’s been a professional songwriting coach, having organized countless seminars, retreats, and workshops, for five years. Work with Charlotte on:
- Writing lyrics that groove
- Finding your personal songwriting voice
- Finishing song ideas once and for all
Prolific remixer, decorated mix engineer, and educator, Brandon Miranda has taught production for KSHMR’s well-regarded Lessons of Dharma, he’s got writing credits for artists signed to Warner and Konvict Muzik, and he’s gained recognition for his dance floor ready remixes of hip-hop and pop artists. Work with Brandon on:
- Getting a tighter mix on your tracks
- Producing trap and hip-hop beats like a pro
- Learning how to use Ableton Live, Pro Tools, or Logic
Take $125 Off Your Next Session
Sign up for a Soundfly course subscription, and you’re automatically entitled to a 25% discount (or $125) off any four-week mentor session.
Coupled with unlimited access to all of Soundfly’s premium courses, an invite to join our private community Slack channel, exclusive partner perks, as well as private livestreams, office hours, and contests, this subscription is almost always the answer to your next musical question!
Reach out to us at [email protected] if you’ve got any questions or would like to learn more.