Join our team
Soundfly is seeking a Community & Mentor Manager to support our growing community of students and Mentors.
Soundfly is currently looking for a part-time or full-time Community & Mentor Manager to support our growing community of students and Soundfly Mentors. This person should be an experienced musician, a lover of learning, and a communicator, someone who loves connecting with people of all types and helping them solve their problems. They should also be detail-oriented, capable of taking the initiative, and a great writer. More details below.
To apply, please submit an email to [email protected] that explains why you’re awesome and perfect for the role, along with a resume and a song you think we really need to listen to right now.
• • • • •
Title: Community & Mentor Manager
Hours: 20+ hours a week
We’re open to starting this as either a part-time or full-time position, as long as you are a particularly great fit. If we start at part-time, we’re thinking 20 hours a week, with the potential to move into full-time down the road.
Location: NYC or LA preferred, but remote with the ability to travel occasionally is fine as long as you are incredibly reliable and highly communicative.
- A great communicator in every way! You’re confident, outgoing, and will be inspired by the challenge of organizing and communicating with groups of people online.
- An initiative taker. You are willing to work independently and take the initiative when you see opportunities to better meet the needs of our Soundfly Mentors and students.
- Detail oriented and organized. It’s important to you to get the details right, and you simply cannot fathom the idea of sending out an email with a mistake in it or mistyping someone’s name.
- Someone who is extremely passionate about music, with a strong background in the area.
- Committed to curiosity, lifelong learning, and constantly questioning how we can do things better.
You have the following skills…
- Writing. You are comfortable with the English language and consider yourself a strong writer.
- Thorough understanding of music notation and analysis
- Familiarity with music production/DAWs
- Google Suite (docs, sheets, sites, etc. — can be learned on the job quickly if need be)
- Familiarity with Slack (can be learned on the job if done quickly)
If you’re the perfect candidate, you’ll probably also have…
- Degree in music (or similar proof of technical expertise)
- Unique background as a working musician
- Experience working in music education
- Experience working with Soundfly (as a Mentor, Flypaper writer, etc.)
- Knowledge in areas of music that are less common on our team
- Experience in sales, customer service, or community management
- Basic Adobe Suite skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects)
To start, your day-to-day will be spent…
- Supporting the VP of Learning and Curriculum Development in managing our team of superstar Soundfly Mentors, including:
- Tracking and administration of the program
- Helping develop training materials and communications to Mentors
- Regular check-ins with the VP of Learning and Curriculum Development
- Managing and growing engagement on our community Slack group so that it becomes an exciting part of our learning experience.
- Developing and implementing additional ways to build community among our students, our student alumni, and our Soundfly Mentors.
- Supporting individual students on occasion and solving programmatic problems that arise.
- Supporting the development of course materials that might improve the mentorship process or help support the production team.
Soundfly is a startup seeking to create better and more effective online learning experiences, specifically for musicians. We’ve been around for just over three years now, serving daily articles, free courses, and a range of highly personalized coaching programs, including our Mainstage program that combines high-quality course materials with personal mentorship, support and feedback.