Soundfly is looking for a full-time marketing hire to drive growth and revenue in the coming year.
Soundfly is an online music education company looking to help curious musicians all over the world achieve their musical goals.
We launched in the summer of 2015 with a single course and fewer than 300 students, and now have close to 40 courses with partners like NYU and Carnegie Hall, taught by some of the most respected teachers and musicians in the country, and almost 20,000 students.
We’re now looking for someone who will help us dramatically grow our community and convert them into paying customers for our newest product — our high-level, month-long Mainstage Courses. This person should be self-driven, able to identify key opportunities in our funnel, take the initiative to make things happen, and have a love for music and learning.
- ~40 high-quality online music courses with some amazing instructors and partners
- 5 premium courses with exciting retention and completion rates (and more in the works)
- A blog that has between 40-60,000 visitors a month
- More than 21k Facebook followers and more than 500k visitors to the site in the past year
- While we’re growing at a decent pace (10-20% a month), we’re not sure how to get over the hump to reach a much larger audience.
- We have a growing community, but conversions to actual sales are pretty low so far.
- While our completion rates are higher than many MOOCs, we don’t have good systems for bringing students back to the site on a regular basis.
- You’re working with a startup budget and without a big team, including a small development team that moves as fast as it can but is not able to take on lots of product iterations without a significant opportunity cost
- A ton of freedom to choose the course of action that will lead to the most subscribers or sales
- A decent number of partners who already know about us (Carnegie Hall, NYU, Finale, ASCAP, D’Addario, Moog, CD Baby, Sonicbids, Landr, etc), with an opportunity to build more
- We have Mailchimp and Mandrill, but are in need of more targeted, segmented, and personalized email systems to encourage retention and conversion.
- We’ve had some limited success with PR, but again, it hasn’t been something we’ve yet had time to focus on. This is another possible avenue of exploration.
- A culture that encourages experimentation, curiosity, and risk-taking
- A team of 9 that includes producers, designers, developers, and musicians of all stripes who are here to support you in your thinking and in your activities
- You’ll report to the CEO and work closely with our Digital Marketing Director.
- We’re looking for someone full-time.
- Love of music is the only non-negotiable requirement.
- Your performance will ultimately be judged based on number of new sign ups and conversions to sales. We’ll set out specific numbers together to help judge progress and performance.
- We offer a flexible work environment to encourage maximum productivity. We offer reasonable freedom around vacation and sick days and working remotely.
- Our office is in Brooklyn, with roughly 3-5 people and a dog in the office from 10-6 on any given day.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by January 10th. Please include a song you’d like us to listen to while reviewing your application.